turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Solar SREC checks in NJ for 2020

Hello,

Can you please tell me what version of turbotax do I need to use to file 2020 tax return (I mean Deluxe, Premier or Business) as I don't see where can I enter income reported for SREC in state of NJ on turbotax. Please let me know...thanks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Anyone Support personnel, can you let me know???

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

You can use any version of TurboTax to enter the SREC income from NJ.  Enter the income as Miscellaneous Income using these steps:

1. Click on Federal > Wages & Income   
  2. In the Less Common Income section , click on the Start/Update box next to Miscellaneous Income, 1099-A, 1099-C
  3. On the Miscellaneous Income screen, click on the Start/Revisit box next to Other reportable income. 
  4. On the Any Other Taxable Income? screen, click the Yes box.
  5. Enter the income on the Other Taxable Income screen, along with a description.  Click Continue.
  6. You will be brought to the Other Miscellaneous Income Summary.  If you have no more miscellaneous income to report, click Done.

Thanks you.

BCinDC
Returning Member

Hi there - bringing this old thread back to life with a new question about SRECs.  I received $1,600 in SRECs this year, which I will claim on my taxes (I will not be receiving a 1099 for this income, according to the company that bough the SRECs from me).   However, I also had $1,495 worth of repairs to my system in January (I had to replace my inverter), so my net income after repair costs was only $105.

Can I deduct the repair costs from the income?  And if so, how do I do this?  Do I just claim $105 as Miscellaneous Incme somewhere?  Or is there a different way to show it? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies