scottsmith0120

Should I deduct farm related, mortgage interest and property taxes from the 1098, under the personal deduction and credits section, and apply it to my schedule F?

SusanY1

No, you will not enter these expenses under the section for your personal deductions.  You will enter these in the section for Farm income and expenses.

To enter this information, click on the Search Tool (magnifying glass icon) and type in the search term farm income and expenses.   Then click on Jump to farm income and expenses.

troublek62

This does not work.  I can't find any place to enter a 1098 for farm land that I don't live on.  The program never asks if I have any 1098s to enter, the field in common expenses won't allow entry and if you override on form you can't efile.  There is no quickzoom on line 21a of sched F.  How do I enter my mortgage interest so I can efile??? This is so frustrating.

DianeC958

To include the mortgage interest on Schedule F line 21a you just type in the amount of mortgage interest you paid in 2019 for the farmland

.

akkerron

Software will not let you type in the amount, unless you override, then you cant e-file

akkerron

got it, need to click on the + sign next to line above 21a then you can enter it.