turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Should I deduct farm related, mortgage interest and property taxes from the 1098, under the personal deduction and credits section, and apply it to my schedule F?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
SusanY1
Employee Tax Expert

Should I deduct farm related, mortgage interest and property taxes from the 1098, under the personal deduction and credits section, and apply it to my schedule F?

No, you will not enter these expenses under the section for your personal deductions.  You will enter these in the section for Farm income and expenses.

To enter this information, click on the Search Tool (magnifying glass icon) and type in the search term farm income and expenses.   Then click on Jump to farm income and expenses.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This does not work.  I can't find any place to enter a 1098 for farm land that I don't live on.  The program never asks if I have any 1098s to enter, the field in common expenses won't allow entry and if you override on form you can't efile.  There is no quickzoom on line 21a of sched F.  How do I enter my mortgage interest so I can efile??? This is so frustrating.

DianeC958
Expert Alumni

To include the mortgage interest on Schedule F line 21a you just type in the amount of mortgage interest you paid in 2019 for the farmland

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
akkerron
Returning Member

Software will not let you type in the amount, unless you override, then you cant e-file

akkerron
Returning Member

got it, need to click on the + sign next to line above 21a then you can enter it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies