Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mfschield
Returning Member

Schedule A - Medical Deductions: Worksheet not updating the Schedule

I completed the additional worksheets for Lines 3 and 4 (Fees for Doctors.... and Lab and x-ray...) but the total on the additional worksheet is -0-  and the Schedule A is also -0-.   Not the total itemized amounts spent.

The other additional worksheets (Prescriptions, Insurance and Med Equipment) were completed and both the totals on the additional worksheet and in the Schedule A are correct for those three expenses.

Any ideas on how to fix?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

maybe you don't have enough to itemize and you are given the standard deduction? 

also, you only get a medical deduction for the portion of expenses that exceeds 7.5% of the adjusted gross income 

mfschield
Returning Member

Thanks for the Reply - But I have enough to exceed the Standard Deduction if the Schedule would accept the additional worksheet input and not put -0- on the Schedule.

That being said - I fixed the problem by going back to the worksheet and added $1 to the list.  The additional worksheet calculated the correct amount and brought that number forward to the Schedule.  I then went back and deleted the $1 from both additional worksheets and everything is fine.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies