In filing my taxes with you again, for 2022, I was not asked for my non-taxed income for the sales tax deduction.
I also received a 1099-misc for the total yearly amount I receive from my old County job for NOT using their medical benefit. It's only $1800 a year, but so I will have to pay taxes on this each year?
Thank you for your help!
Adding nontax income for calculating sales tax deductions
In TurboTax, include your nontax income for calculating the sales tax deduction by:
- In the TurboTax search box enter sales tax and press the Enter key.
- Click the Jump to sales tax in the search results.
- Just follow the instructions and we will guide you through the steps.
Enter the 1099-Misc :
- Click on the Federal tab.
- Click on Income & expenses.
- Scroll down to Less Common Income.
- Click on Start or Update button Miscellaneous Income, 1099-A, 1099-C
- On the next screen (Let's Work on Any Miscellaneous Income), click the Start or Update button for Other reportable income.
- Did you receive any other taxable income. Click Yes.
- Other Taxable Income, enter a description and the amount. Click Continue.
- Click Done.
The income will be reported on Schedule 1 line 8 (z) with the description that you entered.
Still have questions?Make a post