Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Sale of Business Property Will Not Go Away

I've tried everyone of the suggestions on previous posts. Everytime I go back to Income and Expenses its listing the sale of Business Property and income of $30,350.

Under Rental and Royalties I have a rental that I did sell. All the information looks correct there. Sold for $400k, Cost Basis of $361k, Selling Costs of $20,620.  I can't even come up with creative math to figure out the $30,350 it keeps showing for Sale of Business Property. I haven't sold any cars, etc. 

I'd prefer not to delete everything and start over, I have 2+ hours invested already. I'm using the online version, not the desktop version. There is no where like other posts mention to delete the form or see an asset worksheet.

If I click Sale of Business Property, then check off the first box Sales of Business or Rental property that you haven't already reported...it shows the error others reference of "Copy 1". I delete it, go thru the motions.  And the $30,350 is still sitting there in the end!?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

@jsobrinski wrote:

....I can't even come up with creative math to figure out the $30,350 it keeps showing for Sale of Business Property....

Can you view Form 4797? The discrepancy you are referring to could be a result of depreciation reducing your basis.

You're right thank you! I tried deleting the entire rental property and redoing it all. The depreciation and gain are causing the number. Thanks! 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies