Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Recovery Act 2021 and Refunds of Excess Premium Tax Credit - Tax Liability

The IRS suspended the requirement under ARA 2021 the repayment of ACA Tax Liability on 3/11/21.

What happens to those that filed early prior to the law change?   When or What needs to be done to recover the  tax liability that was deducted from the return prior to the law suspending the payments?  Any ideas or notices sent to TT?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Over the summer all the returns filed prior to the changes will be reviewed and corrected by the IRS automatically ... there is nothing you need or can do right now but wait and check the IRS site weekly using the original refund amount.   If you had a balance due then there is no way to check the progress of the return.  Patience will be needed by all again this year as the IRS deals with all the changes that Congress put into law.

Waited 16 weeks for my electronically filed return and it is still not correct @ 19 weeks.

This is totally not acceptable. 

They have not even posted my amendment to the Where's My Amended Return for 2020 and they received it April 5th via certified mail.  This is now at 12 weeks going on 13.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies