Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why turbotax keeps asking me to "Check This Entry" for "Form 1099-MISC Worksheet (untiled)

Turbotax keep asking me to Check This Entry for "Form 1099-MISC Worksheet (untiled)" and I was asked to enter the Payer's TIN.  But I did not receive any 1099-MISC.  I only received $250.00 CA Middle Class Tax Refund card but no 1099-MISC.  Also where should I report this $250.00 CA Middle Class Tax Refund in Turbotax?  

You help is greatly appreciated! 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
MichaelG81
Expert Alumni

Why turbotax keeps asking me to "Check This Entry" for "Form 1099-MISC Worksheet (untiled)

In the search menu or magnifying glass type "1099misc" delete the untitled one if it relates to the payment of 250 from California. California will not send a 1099-MISC unless you received $600 or more.

1099-MISC income tax information

Individuals who received a California Middle Class Tax Refund (MCTR) of $600 or more will receive a 1099-MISC for this payment.

Taxable income

The MCTR payment is not taxable for California state income tax purposes. You do not need to claim the payment as income on your California income tax return.

The IRS delivered guidance on state tax payments on February 10, 2023, stating that Californians do not need to report the MCTR payments on their 2022 tax return, and that the IRS will not challenge the taxability of these payments for the 2022 tax year.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hi Michael G81, 

Thank you so much for your advise!  In this case, I do NOT need to report the $250.00 in both Federal and State income tax return.  Is that right? 

Thanks.

BrittanyS
Expert Alumni

Yes, that is correct.  You do not have to report the CA MCTR to the state or the IRS.

@Miranda6 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hi BrittanyS,

Thank you so much for your help!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies