Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Unable to File Form 8911 Alternative Fuel Vehicle Refueling Property Tax Credit

All I can say is that the app did not show me and error and did let me file. Of course the return was rejected and now I am waiting with all the others for Intuit to get off their butt and do something.....

It states: 

USForm 8911Alternative Fuel Vehicle Refueling Property CreditYesYes

yet the app will not let me file, even after a manual update. So what now?

Same here.  Frustrating, as I've been forced to wait for almost a month and yet the date continues to slide.  Going to apply for a refund.

2/22 update. Some progress but more delays. So this morning TT asked me

to enter my address and also my census tract ID. Once I did all that it then told me that the update would not be available until 2/29. The target keeps moving folks. I suggest you locate your census tract number. The IRS instructions can be found here under the what’s new section. 

https://www.irs.gov/instructions/i8911#en_US_202312_publink100042353

Same here. I filled in the information, and now it says another week. The backend of the program still says the solution will come by 2/21, so they didn't even bother to update that app. I just want my refund! Can I charge Intuit interest for the delay?

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

The IRS recently clarified changes to Form 8911 Alternative Fuel Vehicle Refueling Property Credit. TurboTax is planning to make updates around this by February 29, 2024. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Wrong!!  As of this morning, 2/23, the date has now been pushed to March 1st.  When is TT going to get their sh-t together?  You are holding up my EV rebate, and I have had enough!

aruth

Say 3/1/2024 for me as of yesterday.  I'd like to file, could we get this done Intuit!!!???!

TT, stop your stupid bots from providing unacceptable replies. There is clearly an issue with how you are handling Form 8911. I am sick and tired of it, and just deleted the d*#m form so I could file my tax return. This is my last year using TT after at least a decade. It's not just your inability to fix this error, but your apparent unwillingness to let us know what you are actually doing about it - beyond extending the "fix" date each day. Buh-bye! 

Another turbo blog thread has a little more detail of the hurdles that turbo seems to unable to overcome.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-credits-deductions/discussion/form-8911-line-1-error/00/319525...

Funny, turbo competitors, like H&R Block, Tax Slayer, AARP, Hewitt and others seem to have the wherewithal to navigate this simple 8911 form in a timely fashion. Not suggesting, but just saying, you might consider an alternative next year.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies