turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Stimulus

My daughter was born December 2020. Would we get a stimulus for her? We aren’t getting the CTC because we had to select the other dependents, but it would help pay for childcare for the year if we got the stimulus. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
mfields2
Employee Tax Expert

Stimulus

If your income is under the cut-off levels, you should receive the first 2 stimulus payments on your 2020 tax return (they are called the "Recovery Rebate Credit").  Look at line 30 of your return to see if the amount is filled in for $1,100 (the first payment was $500 per child and the second was $600 for a total of $1,100).  The 3rd Stimulus payment is still going out in waves, so if you have not received that payment, you should in the next couple of months.  If you have not filed your 2020 tax return, do so as soon as possible.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Stimulus

My income was under the cutoff but nothing is on line 30. How do I fix that? 

Stimulus

Like this be because I didn’t get the child tax credit? I’m having to amend my return for 2020. @mfields2

Stimulus

Yes.  If it was checked under Other Dependents and not for the Child Tax Credit that was wrong.  You answered a question wrong. You need to amend your return.  You should get the $1,100(500+600) Recovery rebate credit on 1040 line 30 unless your income was too high.

A child born (even on Dec 31) is considered to live with you the whole year.  So you should have picked the Whole Year at the top of the drop down box when you entered your baby.

How to amend a 2020 return

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/how-do-i-amend-my-return/00/27439

And See this post

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/file-with-turbotax/discussion/child-tax-credit-vs-credit-for-other...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies