turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hartsell69
Returning Member

schedule k-1

where do I enter schedule k 1 to receive the most from the estate credit to me?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

schedule k-1

To enter a K-1 go to 
Federal Taxes Tab ( Personal in the H&B versions )
Wages and Income
Choose Explore on my own or I'll choose what to work on  (if it comes up)
Then scroll way down to Business Items
Schedules K-1, Q - Click the Start or Update button 

Be sure to pick the right kind of K-1. There are 3 kinds, 1041, 1065 & 1120S

Anonymous
Not applicable

schedule k-1

for an estate use the 1041 K-1

Hartsell69
Returning Member

schedule k-1

Thank you, although when entered into Turbo Tax Premier it only gives me half the credit due, and for 2019!

When I called the IRS the person told me I can recapture all of it, she was legally not able to tell me where to put the allowances.     

schedule k-1

Ok ... a couple of things to look at ... first make sure if this is the final K-1 that is indicated as such in the program .... and then depending on the credits/deductions that are passed thru you may not be able to use them all due to income or deduction limitations ... review the entire return to see what is and is not allowed.

If you still don't see how the situation is calculated then post back with more details ... what boxes & codes are on the K-1 and where you think things are missing on the tax return.
Hartsell69
Returning Member

schedule k-1

Thank you I did that and I am only able to recapture half of the amount?  The IRS said I was able to recapture all although they legally were not able to tell me where to input?!  Where the heck do I input so I can receive all Estate Credits?

Hartsell69
Returning Member

schedule k-1

thank you, I am supposed to recapture all Estate Credits says the IRS although they are unable to tell me?!  When I enter it I am only receiving half the credits, very frustrating!!!  I just don't know the way around it, says the IRS although they cant tell me where!

Hartsell69
Returning Member

schedule k-1

Boxes 11 A and B that's it!

schedule k-1

To get either deduction you must indicate it is the final K1 AND for code A you must be able to itemize deductions ... 

A Excess deductions See the beneficiary's instructions :  If this is the final return of the estate or
trust, and there are excess deductions on termination, you may deduct the beneficiary’s share of the excess
deductions on line 16 of Schedule A (Form1040).  

B Short-term capital loss carryover Schedule D, line 5 ... look on the Sch D for this amount 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies