turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Original loan was 12/13/05; current Mortgage origination date is the original loan, or when this company took over in June of 2015?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
VictoriaD75
Expert Alumni

Original loan was 12/13/05; current Mortgage origination date is the original loan, or when this company took over in June of 2015?

The original loan date should be used as the mortgage origination date. Loans are transferred to different loan servicing companies all of the time. Use the original date when the mortgage was taken out by you.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Darthbart

Have a similar issue. Primary mortgage was acquired by another company in April 2019. Both 1098s have the same loan origination date, but when entering the second origination date, it’s not allowing me to enter the same date as the first. I changed the date by one day to get past the issue.

Also, I’ve seen elsewhere in the forums that I shouls mark the second 1098 from the acquiring lender as a ‘refinance’ even though it wasn’t actually refinanced. Is this a problem?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies