Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My fed deduc charity is 500. But it won't let me move on with my az return due to it being over 300. Its not a cash donation. Why is my az return not recognizing this?

I do not have them itemized in my federal. But when I do that I some how end up owing over 600. Which doesnt make any sense.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

My fed deduc charity is 500. But it won't let me move on with my az return due to it being over 300. Its not a cash donation. Why is my az return not recognizing this?

If your charitable donation was not a cash donation, you must make sure that you entered it properly while going through the Federal questionnaire. To do this, please follow the steps below:

Personal > Deductions and Credits > Charitable Donations > Select "Visit All" to the far top right of that section > on Donations to Charity page select "Yes" > then on the next screen select "No" (so you can enter the information yourself) > on the next screen "Donations" select "Yes" > now enter in the open field who you made the non-cash donation(s) to and then click on "Add" next to "Items" > on the "How do you want to value your donations" page, click on "I'll value them" > then enter date of donation and click "continue" > then choose the appropriate category and click "continue" > then enter the description of the item(s) donated (if household items you can truly just enter "misc hshld") and also enter the value (fair market value of the item(s) donated, and then select from the drop down menu "thrift" unless it was a car or a boat or stock (far more substantial than misc. hshld. goods - and thrift is the general choice for determining fair market value at date of donation) - then click "continue" > then click on "done with this donation" > now, on this next page, you will then enter what you paid for the item(s) as well as date(s) of purchase (you'll see if a few different dates which is also typical - that you can enter various), and how you acquired it then again click on "Continue" > now you will be asked if you owned the item(s) for more than one year - select "yes" > and then you're all done with that/those item(s). NOW, go to your State return and make sure that it flowed properly to there - as it should.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies