turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

IRS Form 4684 Section "C" Ponzi losses

2018 I filed a Form 4684 Section "C" for a boat load of Ponzi losses.  What form do I fill out to file carryover?  I will have about 4 years of carry over based on my current income and actual losses.  The for 4684 does not seem to support that feature.  According to the Ponzi Relief Law one can carry forward not limit until the ponzi losses are all written off.  Please be detailed.  The schedule "A" instructions do not help much.  Thank You in advance

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

you have to use for 1045 schedule A for 2018 to determine if you had a net operating loss for 2018.  the ponzi loss is a business loss.    if you end up with an NOL that gets carried forward to 2019.  if not you have used up the ponzi loss by it reducing taxable business income. 

Thank You HACKITOFF.  Can you be a little more specific please?  On Schedule A, which block do I put my total ponzi loss?   I can amend my 2018 tax filing no problem.  I have losses that should carry forward for 4-6 years and would hate to loss that as I already got a major hose job dealing with the ponzi.  There are many of us victims in the same boat and will share your info.  Thank you again

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies