Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pxturner

In Dec 2020 I was a victim of crime and have since become disabled. I have so many medical costs now. Are there any tax helps for this particular situation?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

In Dec 2020 I was a victim of crime and have since become disabled. I have so many medical costs now. Are there any tax helps for this particular situation?

Medical expenses are deductible as an itemized deduction if you itemize. You can deduct total medical expenses that are greater than 7.5% of your AGI. 

sorry. for tax purposes about the only thing available would be your medical expenses paid in 2020 (this would include medical expenses put on a charge card in 2020). your medical expenses would then be reduced by 7.5 % of your adjusted gross income. you could also take any other itemized expenses you would be entitled to. however, to be of any benefit, your itemized deductions would have to exceed your standard deduction. 

if you have homeowner's insurance or renter's insurance, they may cover some of your medical costs because they were do to the crime. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies