turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If i filled and put someone can claim me, but im 23 years old and full time. So no one will claim me. Do I have to fix this?

If i filled and put someone can claim me, but im 23 years old and full time and didn't go to school that year. So no one will claim me. Do I have to fix this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

If i filled and put someone can claim me, but im 23 years old and full time. So no one will claim me. Do I have to fix this?

when you state "full time" - does that mean full time student or full time employee? 

the question on the form is CAN someone claim you, not did they claim you - there is a difference. 

so if you are a full time student and your parents CAN claim you, but didn't.  it's fine - nothing to do .  You are not eligible for the $1200 stimulus payment (and neither can your parents get the $500)

but if you are NOT a full time student, suggesting  going back and getting that fixed, because you may not get the $1200 stimulus payment otherwise,

Full time employee. 

I wrote put that they can claim me but they will not last year. I live in their household. But i made efficient amount last year. 

Guessing i need to fix this right? 

Wow i got a higher refund for this, i appreciate you. 

yes, go ahead and get that fixed

the fact that you are still living at your parent's home is not material.  Since you are over 19 and made more than $4200 they CAN NOT claim you on their taxes. 

Does my state needs to be amend have to be changed too? sorry for the questions.  NVM got it lol

Actually i do have another question why does my federal show 0 right now when im changing it and i have to mailed them now..

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies