turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

JPV5
Returning Member

I made an entry error regarding stimulus check. How do I fix it in the Turbo Tax format?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I made an entry error regarding stimulus check. How do I fix it in the Turbo Tax format?

Did you already file?

If you have not file go back to that section.  After you have entered your tax information and are ready for the Federal Review, it will be the first question.

If you are trying to trigger it, you can go to Other Situations, answer any questions and click Done. The next automatic selection is Federal Review and it will ask about payments received.

If you didn't get one or both of the Stimulus payments or qualify for more it will be the Recovery rebate credit on 1040 line 30.  It either adds to your refund or reduced a tax due.

DanaB27
Expert Alumni

If you haven't filed yet then go back to the stimulus section:

After entering all your information click "Federal Review" at the top of your screen (or click "Search" and type "Stimulus" and follow the jump to link). 

If you have filed your return:

If your error is that you entered you didn't receive the a stimulus payment but did receive it then the IRS will make the adjustment automatically. Please see IRS Recovery Rebate Credit Q D2 What happens if I claim the incorrect amount? for additional information.

If you forgot to claim the Recovery Rebate Credit on line 30 of Form 1040 then you will have to file an amended return.  Please see How to amend a tax return for instructions.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies