Look at your Form 1040 and see if both children are shown as dependents near the top of the form.
Then look farther down on the form at the child-related credits.
Look at your 2019 Form 1040 to see the child-child-related credits you received
Child Tax Credit line 13a
Credit for Other Dependents line 13a
Earned Income Credit line 18a
Additional Child Tax Credit line 18b
Child and Dependent Care Credit line 18d
What credit do you think you are not getting?
There are a number of requirements to qualify for the Child Tax Credit. You need to be sure that all information about the child was input correctly. One way to do this is to delete the child in TurboTax and go back and re-input the information on the dependent screens.
To qualify for the Child Tax Credit, your child must fit all of these requirements:
For further information, see the IRS website here: Child Tax Credit
Based on what you are saying, your child turned 17 in 2019. Unfortunately, this makes him ineligible for the Child Tax Credit. Please read the requirements below or visit IRS Pub 972 Child Tax Credit for more details.
A child must meet the following eight requirements to be considered a qualifying child for the Child Tax Credit:
1) Is the taxpayer’s son, daughter, stepchild, foster child, sibling, stepsibling, half brother, half sister, or a descendent of any of them (grandchild, niece, nephew, etc.),
2) Lived with the taxpayer for more than half of the year,
3) Was under age 17 at the end of the year,
4) Did not provide over half of his or her own support during the year,
5) Is a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or U.S. resident alien (child tax credits are not allowed for nonresident alien children residing in Canada or Mexico even if they qualify as dependents),
6) Is younger than the taxpayer claiming the child,
7) Does not file a joint tax return unless the return is filed to claim a refund, and no tax liability would have existed had the child and spouse filed separately, and
😎 Is claimed as a dependent of the taxpayer claiming the Child Tax Credit.