• Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
P_er7
Returning Member

I filed on March 6th, 2021 before the biden tax credits and filed the 1099-G forms

When I filed the 1099-G unemployment forms, I was deducted about 6,000 and  my result was 2800 on tax return, which I finally received on June 24th in my bank.  My Question is when do I receive the amount I was deducted for . According to President Biden there is a credit for people whom filed jointly- like myself and wife with 2 children.

1 Reply
fkbright
Employee Tax Expert

I filed on March 6th, 2021 before the biden tax credits and filed the 1099-G forms

Greetings,

If you are referring to the unemployment compensation exclusion, the IRS has indicated that they will automatically send out any additional refund owed.  The IRS began sending out these payments / checks in July of this year.

Unfortunately, the IRS reports that is has a backlog of over 35 million tax returns to process, so many people are having their refunds delayed because of this.

You can see if the IRS processed your refund (and for how much) is by viewing your tax records online. You can  request a copy of your transcript by mail or through the IRS' automated phone service by calling 1-800-908-9946.   Here is a link to the IRS site with more information:

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

Good luck - I hope you get your refund soon!

fkbright

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v