turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rryan94

I didn’t get my full stimulus check they didn’t pay for my child

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies
AlanT222
Expert Alumni

For security reasons, the IRS plans to mail a letter about the economic impact payment to the taxpayer’s last known address within 15 days after the payment is paid. The letter will provide information on how the payment was made and how to report any failure to receive the payment. If a taxpayer is unsure they’re receiving a legitimate letter, the IRS urges taxpayers to visit IRS.gov first to protect against scam artists.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Renee5640
Returning Member

I filed taxes for 2019 back in February i claimed all 3 of my kids. They only sent me 1,700! Where is my other $1,000, if they’re going off your tax return? I don’t understand how this happened.

AnnetteB6
Employee Tax Expert

If any of your children claimed on your return are over the age of 17, you will not receive a stimulus payment for them.  They are not considered a 'qualifying child' for the purpose of the stimulus payment.

@Renee5640

Renee5640
Returning Member

No they’re 9,11, and 13

Renee5640
Returning Member

And it’s no one to speak to about this matter! Not Turbo or the IRS.

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

This has happened to several people and the IRS has not indicated where or how to report this.  

I do know that the stimulus payments will all be reconciled when you file your 2020 return (in 2021) and if you were not paid the correct amount you will receive it then.  I know that doesn't help you today, but I'm not sure the IRS will issue corrections before then.  Several  have indicated their payment amount seems to correspond with the children claimed on the 2018 return, not 2019.  Again, we are not aware of how the IRS is determining which return to go by.  We thought it would be 2019 if that had already been filed, but reality is showing us this is not always the case.

Its because if you didn't pay directly to the IRS to file your income taxes and the 3rd party santa barbara tax that deducted the money from filing your taxes thats where the remaining was sent to and SUPPOSEDLY they sent it back to the IRS. So yeah our remaining money for our children is just floating around!!!

@Kristinavega 

Not sure where you got that info on Santa Barbara from ... either they passed the entire stimulus amount the IRS sent thru  OR  the entire amount was rejected ... they have no interest in "keeping" any of that payout.  Folks need to wait for the IRS letter to see what their options will be to correct the shortage.  

Call the Santa Barbara tax it tells you all!! I first read about that somewhere - with me NOT  believing everything I see/hear,  so I did my own research then ended up calling the santa Barbara tax and it proved all!! They ALSO stated that once they send our direct deposits from income tax they close our accounts that we had at the time!! Sorry I dont speak on everything that I dont know or not sure of!! Do you?? Becsuse you obviously do by saying the IRS sends all or rejects!! Have a blessed day!!

I didn’t get the $500 . For my child they have just 1200 to go in my bank account 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies