turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am the caretaker of my kids it’s trying to make me fill out a forum 2441 and it is not nessicary

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
RayW7
Expert Alumni

I am the caretaker of my kids it’s trying to make me fill out a forum 2441 and it is not nessicary

If you are paying someone to take care of your children or another person in your household while you work, you might be eligible for the child and dependent care credit. This credit "gives back" a portion of the money you spend on care, and can reduce your tax bill by hundreds or even thousands of dollars.

For more information on the Child and Dependent Care Tax Credit follow this link-

The Ins and Outs of the Child and Dependent Care ... - TurboTax

If you do not qualify for this Credit and want to delete the form follow these instructions-

An incomplete Form 2441 will be created if you start the Child and Dependent Care section but don't complete it. This can cause problems when attempting to file your return.

To resolve:

1. While signed in to your return, search for child care credit (use this exact term) and select the Jump to link at the top of your search results.
  2. This will take you to the Did you pay for child or dependent care in 2020? screen. Answer Yes (even if the real answer is no).
  3. Clear all boxes on the next screen, Whose care did you pay for? and Continue.
  4. Now you'll need to delete the 2441. From the left menu (tap in the upper-left corner on mobile devices to open the menu), select Tax Tools followed by Tools and and select Delete a Form in the pop-up.
  5. Scroll down the list of forms and select Delete next to Form 2441.
  6. Click Delete Form to confirm. You should get Form Successfully Deleted. Select Continue.
  7. Back at the Review Form List screen, scroll down to make sure Form 2441 no longer appears on the list. If it doesn't, you can select Continue With My Return.
vartz04

I have tried this at least a dozen times and it keeps coming back as an error when i do the review. please help. 

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Let's try it another way.

Go into the federal section of the program.

1. Select Deductions & Credits
  2. Select Child & Dependent Care Credit
  3. You will see a question asking Did you pay for child or dependent care in 2020?  Select No.
  4. This will remove the credit from being generated on your return.

If this does not remove the credit, you will need to contact us for assistance using the link below.  An agent will be able to review your input with you to ensure the credit isn't being generated by input in another section of the program.

Contact TurboTax

@vartz04

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies