turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jeffp2424
Returning Member

Hang: Check This Entry Form 1099-B Worksheet (National Financial Services LLC): Data Acquired must be entered for Property Number 809. Entry does not exist in 1099-B

I keep getting this message in the Review section and the browser hangs (tried Chrome, Edge and Safari). I've tried from multiple machines (same result).  This entry does not exist in my 1099-B when I look through my stock transactions. Last time I contacted support, they said the issue would be resolved in a week. It's now been three weeks. 

Note: I have over 800 stock transactions which I suspect could be part of the problem but the online version is supposed to handle up to 1500 transactions.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Hang: Check This Entry Form 1099-B Worksheet (National Financial Services LLC): Data Acquired must be entered for Property Number 809. Entry does not exist in 1099-B

This is a known issue that we are working to resolve. Please manually enter your Date acquired info. You’ll then be able to continue through your return.  If that doesn't work, please see the below TurboTax Help Article to sign up for progress updates.

Why is my 1099-B missing its acquired date?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
jeffp2424
Returning Member

Michelle,

Thanks for the response!

It's not clear which stock sale is missing the Date Acquired. I have 30 pages of transactions and it's painfully slow to check each transaction. Hopefully, this issue will be fixed soon.

Thanks,

Jeff

PatrickS

The issue is in the form for the 1099-B in the webpage or the back-end.  If I remove the offending entry, which happens to be the last entry in the list as the list is sorted alphabetically, the error now appears for the entry immediately preceding this one.  This makes it clear that the problem is likely in the code which parses the data for the page.  Because this seems to follow the last entry in the page, it would seem to be some sort of an issue with the end of file code.  This follows too because when I am prompted to fix the issue in the review section and the browser is attempting to render the actual form, this is where the hang occurs, which also seems to support the theory that it is an issue with parsing the data.  I have also noted that the code for the tabular display of the data in the page also seems to spike CPU, so seems like there is some sort of a deadlock situation with the code on that page.  Note that I too have attempted with three different browsers on two different machines.  One more piece of data that might be useful, I began reviewing each entry, out of 388 on my 1099-b, and I noted that in some cases, even though the term (short or long) was entered in the imported dataset, it did not appear for certain entries in the form, which might also support the parsing theory.  However, when I went back and reviewed these entries again, the term was defined, so it seems like there is an issue with the parsing of the dataset.

PatrickS

Confirmed it's something in the 1099-B page or backend.  I just filed for my Aunt who has no 1099-B, only a 1099-R, and while the same page came up under review, to review the 1099-R and make a correction, the page did not hang while rendering the form image, so the problem is definitely with either the code for the 1099-B page or the backend to parse the data for review.  Again, it seems to be tied to the last row in the form as if I delete the last row, the error occurs for the row immediately before, indicating that the problem will always be with the last row in the dataset.

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

The issue has been submitted and is currently under investigation.  We are currently working to resolve this issue.  If you would like to receive an update for the progress, click on the following link to get notified:

Acquired date

Any asset you hold for one year or less at the time of sale is considered “short term” by the IRS.  Capital assets that you hold for more than one year and then sell are classified as long-term on Schedule D and Form 8949. 

The net gain or loss from you Form 1099-B will show on line 4 of Schedule 1 and line 7 of Form 1040.  For more information, click here: 1099-B

I've been waiting for a month and the issue isn't fixed, rest assured this is the last time ill use TurboTax, as a paying customer. 

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

The issue has been submitted and is currently under investigation.  We are currently working to resolve this issue.  If you would like to receive an update for the progress, click on the following link to get notified:

Acquired date

Any asset you hold for one year or less at the time of sale is considered “short term” by the IRS.  Capital assets that you hold for more than one year and then sell are classified as long-term on Schedule D and Form 8949. 

The net gain or loss from you Form 1099-B will show on line 4 of Schedule 1 and line 7 of Form 1040.  For more information, click here: 1099-B

similar problem.  i have home and business version, download from amazon. 

i imported my 1099bs from etrade, robinhood, etc.  i have hundreds of transactions.   i had some code x transactions where basis was not provided by the brokers. 

so missing data produces errors in turbotax.  went to review section to start correcting them. 

if i switched to step by step income section to manually work on the errors at stock sales section, ttax would not allow entry into that section and the software would freeze at that point and i'd have to close ttax with the task manager and start over.  

i called ttax for help.  they were unable to solve the problem.  they offered a refund on the program.  they did not say it was a known error.   wasted an hour on the phone doing things not related to the problem.  

i was able to salvage my work on this return.  i manually entered the data using the forms section, going thru each error one by one.  i'm hoping i will be able to efile this return after all, without errors.   

mohammad2021
Returning Member

Hi Turbotax,

I have this issue. Did you find a solution to this problem?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies