Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Form 8936 (2019)

This is why I haven't submitted yet. I worry that if I manually fix the value to $3750 the IRS or turbotax will be like "oh that's supposed to be 50%" and screw me over. And of course I can't leave it at $7500 because that's borderline tax fraud.

Just gonna wait for turbotax to actually fill the dang form out correctly. How hard is this fix to make anyway? Taking them *ages* to fix a simple mathematical error. Jeesh.

Well, I am suppose to get 100% of the credit for both of my vehicles. So I wish they would simply submit the Ford and Chrysler vehicles and then hold the rest, cause the fix won't affect me.

I filed 8936, but all my fed and 2 states efile are pending since 2/13. How about you guys?

I understand that we will be notified when the fix is released, but, what if we already submitted and manually corrected the incorrect calculation. Will it then error out our available deduction because we correctly placed the number?

There needs to be clarity on this question that many are having. Being told the fix will be released doesn't help those that already submitted and did the right thing by entering in the right number. Can someone please answer this question and stop obfuscating by blanket stating that we will be contacted when the software is corrected.

I just got an email that my return was rejected:

"FDI_8936_EVCredit_ErrorHold - Your tax return is on hold pending ongoing updates to calculations on Form 8936, Qualified Plug-In Electric Drive Motor Vehicle Credit. We plan to have the updates to the form done on February 20th, 2019."

This is getting more and more ridiculous.

Same thing.. Rejected for the same reasoning.

Same thing...”rejected” email this morning.
Sigh...

I just got this same e-mail:

"FDI_8936_EVCredit_ErrorHold - Your tax return is on hold pending ongoing updates to calculations on Form 8936, Qualified Plug-In Electric Drive Motor Vehicle Credit. We plan to have the updates to the form done on February 20th, 2019."

THIS IS CRAZY!!!  How can Intuit take SO LONG to get a form ready that was available on the IRS site WEEKS AGO, then when they do say it is ready, they can't even do a SIMPLE CALCULATION!!!

Tell me, how difficult is it to take $7,500 and divide by 2 to get $3,750, or divide by 4 to get $1,875???  I can do it in my head without a calculator!!!  Everybody needs to run away from Intuit as possible, and that includes the other products they sell, such as QuickBooks.  If their programmers and quality control people are this stupid and careless, I would not trust anything they sell in the future.

I wonder if enough of us could get together and file a class action lawsuit against them? I am sure because I said lawsuit, my post will be deleted.  But I'm saving some screenshots for proof.

The form 8936 has a bug so is was pulled and is estimated to be fixen in the 2/22 update.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/form-8936-qualified-plug-in-electric-drive-motor-v...

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

This is beyond frustrating. It let me go back through and "correct" mine to refile. But after submitting and reviewing it is looking like the same calculation error is happening.. 

How do i request a refund for my $100 I paid to file? This is taking more time and effort than its worth. I'd rather pay a professional and not have to deal with this BS. I would like to collect my money back on the TurboTax "guarantee". 

@nexus444 wrote:

I wonder if enough of us could get together and file a class action lawsuit against them? I am sure because I said lawsuit, my post will be deleted.  But I'm saving some screenshots for proof.

A law suit because software has a bug???  You must be joking.    Microsoft would have been out of business years ago if they could be sued because of a bug in their software.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

I am so incredibly glad I filed through H&R block and decided NOT to wait. 

There have been only a few times in my life I have felt justification such as this, and wow it feels good. I know I did the right thing leaving turbo tax. I hope many of you reconsider and do the same! 

When you cant get a simple tax form done as a major company, thats a HUGE red flag. The developers, forms people and QA testers need to be put on performance improvement plans RIGHT NOW. They have embarrassed TurboTax majorly. I hope they read this and feel their faces turn flush red with embarrassment. 

What a joke, My form was filled out correctly when I downloaded my return pdf. I had the bug at first where it did not calculate correctly but later in that evening (Last Thursday) it was calculating correctly. Now they reject it?

I am wondering if Intuit can make this a priority now with so many being impacted on this error:  FDI_8936_EVCredit_ErrorHold 

I too am questioning future use of TurboTax....

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies