Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tom NC

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

You were able to get it to process the 8911 on TaxAct? 

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

Yes 8911 form as well as the $7500 EV credit for 2023 (8936 form) that EV owners who bought a qualified EV were eligible to claim as a credit. 

chadk21

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

I just tried to file my taxes, and I'm new to this error. It appears that a lot of you are in the same boat. According to the DOE, I'm in the eligible area, but TT won't accept my return and they say check back 3/4, which I see is a moving goalpost according to all of the posts here. I guess I'll wait a week or two instead of filing an amendment.

Frustrating!

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

It does now say the 4th, which is a Monday. TT only updates the system on Wednesday night/ Thursdsy AM...so I fully expect this form to say March 7th sometime soon.

If I hadn't already paid these scammers, I would be running to a competitor.

CLag
Level 1

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

This could be a work-around in order to submit your Taxes..... but input a "zero" in any pink cell of the Error'd 8911 form above Line 1 that pops up.  Then hit "continue" below the form, and it will take you to Submitting your Taxes.   I'm still reviewing my taxes so I haven't submitted yet, but it brought me to just before submitting.

Maybe someone can try this out?  I can't promise this will completely work but it got me much further than just stopping at the 8911 error.   But, You can only do this once because if you were to save your forms and go back into TT, it gives you that error again.  I have checked the 8911 form on the IRS website and the one on TT and they're both the same, its not a complicated form.  Anyone brave enough to try?  Let me know...

Rav26

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

Now the date on TT has been pushed to 03/04/2024 which is just ridiculous. I have been waiting for past 4 weeks to file my returns and I am unable to do so.

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

Now it's 03/05/2024. 

RodenbaughDJ
Returning Member

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

Newly updated TurboTax as of today oddly indicates I'm eligible for Form 8911 Alternative Fuel Vehicle Refueling Property Credit even though my Census tract GEOID is not is the Appendix A or B list.  I even looked up my address in the convenient Dept of Energy 30C Tax Credit Eligibility web site (https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/3f67d5e82dc64d1589714d5499196d4f/page/Page/)  - indicates not eligible.  I'm reluctant to submit a return to the IRS to claim this credit as they may flag it as ineligible even though TurboxTax calculated a credit for me, delaying my refund. Anyone else have this experience?  Also, how do I bring this to Intuit's attention?

Lamp007

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

It says 3/05 now. This is ridiculous

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

Not confident they are even fixing... Request a refund and hit them where it hurts. Taxact is no issue and I will use them going forward. Goodbye to Turtle Tax and the way they treat customers 

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

Mine still displays 3/4. Still ridiculous. Unacceptable. Intuit TurboTax, you disappointed your customers. 

Screenshot 2024-02-26 210620.png

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

I check EVERY morning, and today it says March 5th!!!!!

This is ridiculous.  I'm going to remove the form from my return and forego the credit.  Then we can start a class action suit against Intuit to reclaim damages.

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

My thoughts are that the people in the know here at TT, are not even seeing this thread, or based on previous commentary with tech support people at TT, were not aware of the issue.  I honestly think that the program is just incrementing the 8911 form error by 1 day, at a certain time, every day....sine its done that daily after the last update told me that it would be 2/28 for the form 8911 fix.

At this point, I think we all have 3 options:

1. Abandon TT and use something else, like Taxact, which has been reported working

2.  File now to get your EV refund and tax refund , and file an amended form for the alt fuel credit later (about $800 for me, so this will not be left on the table)

3.  Wait for a fix.... but if TT never sees this, we may be in a holding pattern until the deadline and then you will only have the 2 options above

I put in a refund request for the software 4 days ago when the date started to get extended and I used the reason as initially 8936 was delayed, then form 8911 continuously is getting delayed, so hopefully, that will gather some attention for them to fix things, but I have my doubts at this point.  I think I will go ahead with option #2 tonight....I am fed up with the waiting, and my refund is substantial so between Intuit and the US Gov, they are costing me about 13-14 months of interest on about $12k, so nothing to sneeze at.

aljohnson

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

Now TT is telling me I have to wait until 3/2 for updated 8911. That only 6 weeks until April 15th. What's going on?

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

Where are folks going to put in a refund request? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies