Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

After waiting WEEKS for TT to update Form 1065 Sch. K-1--which seems not to have been a problem for users of other services--I was able to proceed.  But then a ran into yet ANOTHER delay--Form 8911.  They claim it will be ready in yet another week, which is meaningless given the failure to make the K-1 available when promised.  How can they sell you a product without explicitly telling you in is not complete???

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

That deletion of investment info and not handling my brokerage funds properly cost me over $700 in fines.... when the TT software said everything was a-ok.

It appears that its time to switch to a different tool.  I have been waiting patiently to file for 2 weeks now, and found out last night I need to wait another week, after the govt has been holding/utilizing my $7500 EV credit since March of 2023.

This is BS.

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

@Lifecomp there is no workaround. We are all stuck. Need to wait until 2/29 - according to what they told us. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

TT just bumped up the date to 3/1, seriously f**ing with us!

IMG_4558.jpeg

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

HOW CAN THEY DO THIS TO THEIR CUSTOMERS???? Changed the date the 5th time to 3/1? Who knows on 3/1 they are going to delay it again? 😭

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

By entering initial information on the turbo program for the ev refueling credit it will cause and error in the review by taking the user to the  8911 worksheet.  If you print out the pdf for 8911 off IRS.gov it includes a worksheet that separates personal and business entries. However the turbotax 8911 worksheet combines the two and insists on the latitude information that is ONLY needed if you are a business. It is also corrupt in that the turbotax 8911 worksheet requires a business entry for % use as a business. This is nonsense because if personal use there is no business use, but you can't enter zero. Turbotax should take a look at the IRS 8911 instructions and the included IRS worksheet to see what changes needed to be made to the program.

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

Easy to get the GEOID. Go to IRS.gov and look up form 8911 with instructions. It gives the GEOID web address to look up your GEOID. Minimal address info - maybe just the zip code. Problem is the turbotax 8911 worksheet is corrupt as it loads your info like its for a business and wants latitude info that is ONLY required for a business entity, not a personal tax return.

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

completely agree. i've never been more frustrated with TT. first they said 2/21, update wasn't pushed until 2/22 and now they're saying 2/29 which probably means 3/1. 

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

don't waste your time. see if you qualify by going to this site to get your Census Tract FIPS.....

https://cimsprodprep.cdfifund.gov/CIMS4/apps/pn-cdfi/index.aspx#?entity=CT_2020_CDFI,[phone number r...

...... and then going to this site to see if your tract is eligible. if not eligible, delete the form and file. if eligible, consider waiting to file. 

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-drop/appendix-a-list-of-2015-ce[product key removed]ary-30c-eligible-tra...

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

I finally gave up and deleted form 8911 to at least get most of my refund and will just do an amended return later. Beyond frustrated with TT. This will probably be my last year on this platform. 

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

@hytail I'm not seeing the same issue you are seeing with the requirement to enter Lat/Lon and business entry. I was able to use address only and declare it as non-business. Maybe the form layout is causing some confusion. As you can see the % business and lat/lon are not required on mine. I've removed then entries for privacy. 

Screenshot 2024-02-23 at 8.27.12 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-02-23 at 8.38.43 AM.png

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

I just checked my GEOID location and the US Dept of Energy parcel locator with the GEOID, and I qualify for the full refund.... took 2 mins to determine through the use of 2 websites.  Now I have to wait for TT for another 8 or 9 days to link the form into their software when I can just check a box that I qualify???  Come on TT, get with it.... Mar 1 to complete this, get real.  Most of us did the long form anyways (Sch A) so this should be a simple fix.  I am getting fed up and will be going to provide feedback on their website NOW.

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

Just did the same thing. Stuck at the same part, and submitted a strongly worded feedback message to TT. This is getting ridiculous. I am eligible for the full refund based on my GEOID so I guess I will just have to wait... 

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

morsecp, thanks for the added detail. I not as computer savvy as you so I can't post a picture of the my 8911 worksheet that presents itself in the error I get.

My worksheet error asks for zip, state, address and GEOID. Then it shows the needed entries for %business use, business part and Section 179 expense. This indicates to me the turbo program for personal use is corrupt as it is requiring information related to a business. Turbo needs to start over and differentiate the two different users - personal and business.

If you take a one minute look at the IRS pdf instructions for 8911 - the worksheet is clear: IF PERSONAL USE, YOU ONLY HAVE TO ANSWER THE FIRST THREE ENTREES AND IF YOU CLICK YES TO LINE 3 YOU ARE DONE - YOU QUALIFY IF LOCATED IN A GOOD GEOID. Therefore, Turbo needs to fix the worksheet to eliminate all the other stuff once you enter a good GEOID and complete the form 8911.

Not sure why separating personal from business is proving so difficult. IMO Turbo should just start over with isolating a personal use and not try to gloom onto what they did for the business side - looks like they tried to save money by adapting the business 8911 programing. 

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies