turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Form 8889-t health savings account

I meant if they are a requirement you can't file without the form. I filed the same day they became available which was the 26th. I did receive the email as well but Turbox tax was late letting everyone know.
Stoves87

When will the 8889-T form be released in 2020? 

@Stoves87 wrote:

When will the 8889-T form be released in 2020? 

Form 8889, Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) (Taxpayer) - estimated availability date 01/23/2020

https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html

MVGal

Form 8889 and the instructions on the IRS website have a big notice as the first page that the form is being updated.  When I downloaded both a few days ago they also had a Draft... watermark on every page. Today the notice is still the first page of the Instructions but not on the form and the watermark is gone from both.  How do I know if the form in Turbo Tax (I'm using the desktop version, not the online version) has the updates?  I'm trying to do my deceased son's taxes and want to make sure I'm answering the questions correctly so accurate instructions are important to me.  Thanks.

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Click the link for Federal Forms Availability for all versions of TurboTax. Then, click on whether you are using Windows or Mac. Form 8889 is available in TurboTax.

To make sure your program is completely up to date, you can do a manual update

Our condolences for the passing of your son.

avcr

Being kept from filing cause 8889-t still doesn't seem to be ready ...is this correct ? I signed up for updates and got email from TurboTax that forms are ready but the desktop app (2019.41.11.194) doesn't seem to have an update and I still can't file because this and 8995 have a "Ready Soon" message...anyone else still see this ?

VictoriaD75
Employee Tax Expert

The Form 8889-T should be available for filing. Are you using a Mac? If so, try this workaround:

On the Turbotax Menu click on "Turbotax" in the upper far left, then hold down the "option" button on your Mac keyboard. When you hold the "option" button it will change the "check for updates" to read "download latest updates". While continuing to hold down the "option" button click on "download latest updates".

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies