Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form 1065 Schedule K reconciliation - Recourse & non-recourse liabilities

On Sch K reconciliation, TT flagged K-1 liabilities between partners must match up to total amount shown on Sch K. The only way I can resolve it is by classifying the liabilities as Nonrecourse on the "Partners' Liabilities Smart Worksheet" on pg5 of Form 1065.  But that would be wrong, as the liabilities are recourse. But I cannot seem to find a way to solve this.

In previous years (but not in 2018), the only way I managed to solve this was by going to Sch K-1 worksheet, under special allocations and split that liabilities among the members, in the #2 - B box (using the same % as the profit/loss % throughout). Then Sch K would reconciled. But now, even this doesn't work. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

You should really contact Support (link below) for this issue as they can walk you through the relevant section of your return step by step. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Note that there has been at least one other post regarding an issue on 1065 K-1s with section K.

Thank you.  I did find another post that helped answer this question.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/business-taxes/discussion/can-you-help-me-with-an-error-on-the-sch...

Long story short, I found the little box on Form 1065 p5 under Partners' Liabilities Smart Worksheet, next to the Ending number, and there I would need to mark it 1,2,3,4 or A, B, C, D to match up to what is entered on Sch K-1 Wks for each partner.

Angie2,  I have the same problem and others with TT Business, but I can't get the Sch K reconciliation to populate with the correct liability for each Partner and I can figure how to transfer the amount on p5 of the 1065 liabilities smart worksheet for each partner to Sch K-1 Part II item K  and the Sch K item K reconciliation .   Any idea how that transfer or forced entry is made.

On p5 of the 1065 liabilities smart worksheet, I entered B1 in the first box and then the correct nonrecourse liability amount for partner 1, and repeated the same for the other two partners.  TIA 

Sorry, typed too fast.  In the second sentence I meant

CAN'T figure how to transfer the amount on p5 of the 1065 liabilities smart worksheet for each partner to Sch K-1 Part II item K  and the Sch K item K reconciliation .   Any idea how that transfer or forced entry is made?

After fiddling around with the program, this is the solution which is not made clear except through a right click of the box in the liability smart worksheet.  You need to add in the box before the amount of the liability in my case nonrecourse the letter "P" to have it divided by the percentage of profits for the partners.  This then populates the SCH K-1 and K-1 reconciliation.  

It is so stupid that the step by step does not have a module to incorporate the liabilities smart worksheet, how are users ever able to figure this out is too much.  

steph508
Returning Member

wow that actually worked but we have recourse debt (credit card) so do you still use a p?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies