Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Mblair
Returning Member

Do I add Healthcare Insurance Premiums into my Quickbooks or do I just add it on TurboTax?

Do I add Healthcare Insurance Premiums into my Quickbooks as a business expense or do I just add it on TurboTax? ( I'm a self-employed, sole proprietorship.) Thank you for the help

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Do I add Healthcare Insurance Premiums into my Quickbooks or do I just add it on TurboTax?

You add it to QuickBooks and it will carry over to your TurboTax when you export your 2021 tax report in 2022.

That is a personal expense when you are a Sole Prop so you do NOT pay it with company funds nor is it a company expense to be deducted ... it doesn't belong in QB for your business. 

if it is for you (and family) it should be entered as self-employed health insurance which if properly entered should flow to schedule 1 line 16. when you are working on schedule C in Turbotax it should ask the question about self-employed health insurance.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies