Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

How do I report an error in turbo tax 2021 premium?

Changing value back to 600 at the error window and then skipping 2nd check worked. I was able to e-file while maintaining the 600 value on the fed 1040. I would advise that you read your state tax form instructions to be sure you're not required to adjust for the 600 deduction if you take this route. My state didn't mention it, unlike last year where the 300 contribution had to be added back on state return. Good luck guys. 

One of the hell are you going to update TurboTax to get rid of this error I always used TurboTax and a very very disturbed I probably would not use it again they used to be a good tax program now I think it may be drunk I'm going to retry it again try to notify me when the latest update is out

I finally was able to get the correct amount to show for line 12b on form 1040-SR for married couple filing jointly.  The problem now is that line 12c is to be the total of 12a plus 12b.  It shows noting on the copy to be e-filed with the IRS.  In the past if a line was to be completed and left blank, the IRS rejected the return.  How do I get the total of 12a and 12b to populate onto the tax form?  It shows on the worksheet, but not final form.  Wasted too much time trying to get this charitable deduction corrected when TurboTax should have corrected the software error.

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

@jb2tx    Please clarify what you see on your 1040-SR

12a Standard Deduction

12b Charitable contributions

12c Add lines 12a and 12 b

Is 12c blank?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

It is blank but I managed to finally figure out to correct the problem WITHOUT the assistance of TurboTax.  Tech support for the computer glitch that you are not acknowledging is absolutely terrible this year.

Lockmb

Schedule C Car and Truck Expense worksheet line 19 has the incorrect standard mileage rate -- it report $0.58 and the correct number is $0.56

TeresaM
Expert Alumni

Just to clarify, we would like to take a deeper look at this. Please let us know if this is TurboTax Online or for Desktop and if it is Desktop, if it is for Windows or Mac.

It would also help to have a diagnostic file, which is a sanitized copy of your tax return that has all of your personal information removed but has all of the forms and numbers entered. You can send one to us by following the directions below and posting the token number here so we can access the sanitized return.

TurboTax Online:

1. Sign in to your online account
  2. Click on Tax Tools on the left toolbar
  3. Select Tools
  4. In the pop-up screen, click on "Share my file with agent"
  5. Click OK on the message that a diagnostic file will be sanitized and transmitted to us
  6. Please post the Token Number

TurboTax Desktop/Download Versions:

1. Open your return
  2. Click the Online tab in the top menu bar
  3. Select "Send Tax File to Agent"
  4. Click Send on the message, and the tax file will be sanitized and transmitted to us
  5. Please post the Token Number
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Sriv_In

I'm not able to get TurboTax (desktop) to use my charitable contribution in the deductions. The screen where it suggests the standard deduction does mention that the standard deduction of $25600 is the right one for me ($25100 + $500 charitable contribution), but when it does the calculation, it uses only $25100

[Even though, the state tax (California) portion does immediately reflect the change]

The extra charity deduction shows on on 1040 line 12b.  The Standard Deduction is on line 12a.  And you can get up to $600 (not just 500).  Switch to Forms and look at the actual 1040.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies