turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

business code for marijuana manufacturing

My company is engaged in marijuana manufacturing. What activity code should I use in turbo tax? Is there any form I need to use for this business other than the forms used for normal business. I know under 280E, all expenses are non deductible. Should I still enter the expenses in deduction? or just skip it. However, expenses are deductible in my state, should I enter all expenses just on state return? 

thank you

Lynn

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Since there is no code specifically for marijuana manufacturing, I suggest using code 339900, Other Miscellaneous Manufacturing, for your manufacturing business. (I assume that you truly mean manufacturing, not growing, which would be farming.)

Is your business a sole proprietorship, single-member LLC, multi-member LLC, partnership, S corp, or C corp? Are you asking about your personal Form 1040 tax return or a Form 1065, 1120, or 1120-S?

My business is C-corp, I am filing for 1120.  IRS code 280E strictly disallow any expenses except COGS deductible. What kind of costs should be capitalized and goes to COGS? 

Thank you!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies