Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

p8rs0nel-

After using Turbo Tax It's Deductible for my 2019 donations, how do I transfer that information to my Turbo Tax Deluxe I am currently working on???

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
DawnC
Expert Alumni

After using Turbo Tax It's Deductible for my 2019 donations, how do I transfer that information to my Turbo Tax Deluxe I am currently working on???

If you have TurboTax Deluxe or higher, importing your ItsDeductible donations is easy. Here’s how:

1. Open or continue your return in TurboTax.
  2. Search for donations and select the Jump to link.
  3. Answer Yes to Did you make any donations to charity? 
  4. On the next screen, answer Yes toDo you have an account with ItsDeductible Online?
  5. Your donations will automatically load as long as you're using the same account for both ItsDeductible and TurboTax. On the next screen, select which donations you want to import and select Import Now.
  6. Select Continue and review your charities on the next screen.

If you make changes to Its Deductible and want to import again, start again at step 2 above.

Note: TurboTax Free Edition and TurboTax Live Basic don't support Schedule A, which you’ll need to report charitable donations in ItsDeductible.

Related Information:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@DawnC, Your solution doesn't work because the following question does not appear. 

"4. On the next screen, answer Yes toDo you have an account with ItsDeductible Online?"

I called support and they say a bug is causing this. Apparently, it's been an issue for a few weeks, but they still do not have a fix. 

DawnC
Expert Alumni

Here is another option for importing your donations:

1. Sign in to your account
  2. Choose Pick up where I left off
  3. Click on Federal (left menu)
  4. Click on Deductions & Credits (top menu)
  5. Scroll down to All Tax Breaks - Charitable Donations
  6. Click Show More
  7. Select Start next to Import from ItsDeductible Online.  

@smconvey

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@DawnC, your workaround does work and is described with the help of additional screenshots here: 
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-credits-deductions/discussion/re-to-begin-importing-donation-i...

Thanks for your help. 

GJohnston

This worked.  It is unfortunate that this solution is not evident when in TurboTax.  I had given up searching for and answers without success, so I was opening It's Deductible to manually copy over the data when I found this solution.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies