Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2021 Form 1116 Schedule B (carryovers) can't efile

Thank you mitchwinter!!!  Putting the Schedule B pdf on the C drive as you suggested did the trick.   I was able to upload my return to TT and it was quickly accepted by the Feds.  Its like magic after a lot of frustration.  The TT support agent I spoke with for 80 minutes was very pleasant and really tried to help but really had no clue to the real problem.  I kept saying it was a bug but they must be trained by TT not to accept that as an answer.  

Thanks !!!!!

I can't remember who came up with this solution originally... but I am happy to pass it on.  And... my return which was completed in March was accepted and the refunds received in case you are wondering if this really really works.  Glad to help!

I was able to eFile WITHOUT having to manually copy the PDF file to c:\attachments folder, and also WITHOUT having to change from credit to deduction back to credit. I just went thru the credit section of Form 1116 again. My eFile was accepted by both Federal and State.

@mitchwinter  @LarryDean It was @LarryDean who came up with this solution and it enabled a lot of us to file without waiting (and waiting, and waiting) for TurboTax to come up with a solution, so kudos again to him.

Thank you @LarryDean  !!!

I can't efile because TT gives an error on my 1116 Foreign Tax Credit Comp Wks. "Total incoming C/O should not have a value. Include this amount on the first copy of this category of income"

Thanks so much for this advice. I think other people have posted the same info, but it was your entry that I saw. The steps you described got me past a stubborn error that prevented efiling. After switching back from deduction to credit, the error disappeared and efiling went forward. Am now waiting for a response from the feds and state.

I feel really lucky. I somehow found this thread and the solution you posted worked. Filed and accepted. thank you. I am shocked that TT let this go unresolved.

This is great info! For those of us who got similar problems in MacOS, life was a bit more difficult, but Larry's general idea still applies.

Apple doesn't allow a user to create a new directory under root, but one can follow steps listed in Creating root-level directories and symbolic links on macOS Catalina | Der Flounder (wordpress.com) to create a symbolic link named "attachment" and put the pdf there. The mere presence of /attachment/Form1116ScheduleB.pdf will allow TurboTax to proceed with e-filing.

FeRaK

Hello, the bug still exists in TT to this day. I had no issues filing the initial return but today when I tried filing an amended due to a corrected form I received. I ended up having the issue with the message that Form 1116 Schedule B could not been found and needs to be reattached.
I tried to fully delete and reenter all the data from this form but it would not accept it. What worked in the end was as @mitchwinter describe printing the single form as PDF and put it under c:/attachment/Form1116ScheduleB.pdf .
Don't know why Intuit can't fixes such a simple issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am hoping this year TT 2022 will not have this bug I experienced last year ( Foreign Credit schedule 1116 missing). I just bought 2022 TT. 

🤞

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies