Solved: Qualified consulting services

Qualified consulting services

I hired a company for consulting and education and I would like to make sure that the service it's qualified as a tax break for my business

Qualified consulting services

Yes, per the IRS, "Education expenses.   Ordinary and necessary expenses paid for the cost of the education and training of your employees are deductible. See Education Expenses in chapter 2.

You can also deduct the cost of your own education (including certain related travel) related to your trade or business. You must be able to show the education maintains or improves skills required in your trade or business, or that it is required by law or regulations, for keeping your license to practice, status, or job. For example, an attorney can deduct the cost of attending Continuing Legal Education (CLE) classes that are required by the state bar association to maintain his or her license to practice law."

For more information, please click this IRS link: https://www.irs.gov/publications/p535/ch11.html

Qualified consulting services

Qualified consulting services

Thank you so much for your assistance. I was hesitant since it was a large sum but 100% related to the transactions I did. Thanks again