turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Qualified consulting services

I hired a company for consulting and education and I would like to make sure that the service it's qualified as a tax break for my business
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
NicoleU

Yes, per the IRS, "Education expenses.   Ordinary and necessary expenses paid for the cost of the education and training of your employees are deductible. See Education Expenses in chapter 2.

You can also deduct the cost of your own education (including certain related travel) related to your trade or business. You must be able to show the education maintains or improves skills required in your trade or business, or that it is required by law or regulations, for keeping your license to practice, status, or job. For example, an attorney can deduct the cost of attending Continuing Legal Education (CLE) classes that are required by the state bar association to maintain his or her license to practice law."

For more information, please click this IRS link: https://www.irs.gov/publications/p535/ch11.html

View solution in original post

2 Replies
NicoleU

Yes, per the IRS, "Education expenses.   Ordinary and necessary expenses paid for the cost of the education and training of your employees are deductible. See Education Expenses in chapter 2.

You can also deduct the cost of your own education (including certain related travel) related to your trade or business. You must be able to show the education maintains or improves skills required in your trade or business, or that it is required by law or regulations, for keeping your license to practice, status, or job. For example, an attorney can deduct the cost of attending Continuing Legal Education (CLE) classes that are required by the state bar association to maintain his or her license to practice law."

For more information, please click this IRS link: https://www.irs.gov/publications/p535/ch11.html

Thank you so much for your assistance. I was hesitant since it was a large sum but 100% related to the transactions I did. Thanks again
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies