Other income taxes

Other income taxes

After nine years I have done Turbo Tax I am confused. I file a standard deduction and is easy. This time I a have an error and can't find the problem. I have just finished my federal taxes and go to start my state when it tells me I have a return of $502,159.00 dollars. It is in the section of Other Income Taxes. When back and checked all my info and can't find my error.

Can anyone help, Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Other income taxes

no one can see your return on this forum.  go back through the return and look for a misplaced decimal point or an extra digit.  By the way, did you know that you can round off to whole dollars which usually prevents this type of entry error?   49 cents and lower is dropped  50 cents and above is rounded to next higher $ 

if you can't find it you may need to upgrade to live so a pro can look over your return. 

Other income taxes

Thanks for your reply. Yesterday I checked all my inputs and all of them are correct replying to the dollar amounts. I am retired and only receive around $50,000.00 a year, so its been easy doing Turbo. Will not upgrade for this. Will be better off going to a live person and get to look in his eyes. I am just disappointed in having to upgrade to find my problem.

Take Care and have a nice day