Original loan was 12/13/05; current Mortgage origi...

artistreturn

Original loan was 12/13/05; current Mortgage origination date is the original loan, or when this company took over in June of 2015?

VictoriaD75

The original loan date should be used as the mortgage origination date. Loans are transferred to different loan servicing companies all of the time. Use the original date when the mortgage was taken out by you.

Darthbart

Have a similar issue. Primary mortgage was acquired by another company in April 2019. Both 1098s have the same loan origination date, but when entering the second origination date, it’s not allowing me to enter the same date as the first. I changed the date by one day to get past the issue.

Also, I’ve seen elsewhere in the forums that I shouls mark the second 1098 from the acquiring lender as a ‘refinance’ even though it wasn’t actually refinanced. Is this a problem?