Not allowing me to efile. Keeps giving me error "c...

Not allowing me to efile. Keeps giving me error "charitable contributions should be blank" even though the number is $300

This is a know bug and has been reported.  Go ahead and clear the amount entered.

Go back to the Deductions & Credit section for charitable donations and enter the cash contribution in that section.  That should correct the problem.

To enter charitable donations -

• Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
  • Click on Deductions and Credits
  • Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
  • Scroll down to Charitable Donations
  • On Donations to Charity in 2020, click on the start or update button

Or enter charitable donation in the Search box located in the upper right of the online program screen. Click on Jump to charitable donation

Perfect! Thank you very much.

You need to enter your deductions in the itemized charitable section ($300 or more), and then enter the $300 again where it asks about charitable contributions for non-itemizers.  That is, you need it in both places before the error will go away.

by the way, the IRS has not opened e-filing for the 2020 tax year. what TT is doing is allowing you to submit a return that will sit on its servers until it the IRS opens e-filing.  once submitted to TT, it can not be recalled. 

I'm using the online "Free File" version.  Charitable Contributions entered in that section are not flowing to 1040 Line 10b even after following your instructions.  I already had them there, but deleted the entry and tried again.  Printed return shows the Charitable Contribution on TT's Charitable Contribution Worksheet but no entry on 1040 Line 10b.   Another poster mentions another non-itemizer section, but I haven't seen it.  I have $506 in contributions and would expect $300 on Line 10b as a non-itemizer.  

Please perform the following steps to claim the $300 charitable contribution:

• Enter the donation as a money donation.  Enter the amount as $300.
  • Once you have done entering the information, answer no to the remainder of the deductions section. At this point, you will select wrap up tax breaks at the bottom of the page.
  • The screen will ask if you wish to enter sales tax information. 
  • The program will now inform you that the Standard Deduction is best for you. Press continue and you should see the screen that is titled Charitable Cash Contributions Under Cares Act. Press continue at the bottom of the page and you should see the amount on line 10B of your 1040