No.  You will not be able to deduct these, overdra...

Can I deduct overdraft fees that occured in a business account? If so, how?

No.  You will not be able to deduct these, overdraft fees are not business expense.

Thank you. To clarify, even though it was an expense of the business you cannot deduct it? Can you elaborate why this would be treated differently from other bank fees that are deductible?

The way to look at it and all expenses is; was this fee or expense necessary for the business and its growth.  The reason it is different is that it was a cost that was not mandatory to run the business.  Meaning, you could have run the business without having that fee, while the other fees are a cost for doing business.  One is mandatory, one is 'optional'.

Excellent explanation. Thank you very much.

You are very welcome.

May I ask what the fees are from?  Did your own checks bounce or did someone else's check bounce that you deposited?

Our own check bounced. There was a miss-timing of a check deposit and payment that resulted in insufficient funds for a check that was made to another organization.

Unfortunately the answer that bank fees / charges on a business account are non-deductible is incorrect. Bank charges / fees on a business bank account are deductible. Read IRS Publication 334 under "other expenses you can deduct". Pud 535 does not address bank fees.