Solved: My wife claims she paid a IRS Leon over a year ago but continues to get bills a year later.Is this possible to still get bills on a paid lien from IRS a year later?

My wife claims she paid a IRS Leon over a year ago but continues to get bills a year later.Is this possible to still get bills on a paid lien from IRS a year later?

She can contact the place where she purchased the money order and ask them to trace it.

Does she have banking /credit card records to show that the payment was made?

Or do you mean her Federal refund was seized to pay a back debt?

Your reference of "IRS Lien" is unclear. Are you saying your refunds in past years were garnished to pay an unpaid debt, such as an unpaid student loan? Please be specific so we can better provide you useful guidance on this stuff. If a lender put a lien on your tax refund, yet you paid off the debt directly to the lender, it's perfectly possible the lender did not report the payoff to the IRS. Therefore the IRS is still garnishing your refunds to pay the debt which the IRS does not know you already paid off.

Also, when there's a lein on your tax refund, the IRS does not send you a bill for that. The only thing the IRS will bill you for, will be unpaid taxes, as well as any fines, penalties and late fees that may have been assessed on those unpaid taxes.

It's a bill for unpaid taxes that she claims she paid with money order a year ago.

"She claims..."  that kind of implies you do not believe her.....