turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My donations from It's Deductible are not importing over.

It worked last year and nothing is working this time.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

Perhaps you are just having trouble seeing where to import...see the pictures below.

BUT......Note for Online Software Users: 

IF your ItsDeductible account has a UserID that is different from the UserID you are using for your tax account, then, when you attempt to download your ItsDeductible data , it will either

... a) not find an account, or

.... b)...perhaps open the ItsDeductible file that does have the same UserID, but it's not the one that you used to store your 2016 data in.

While the early releases of the software appeared to indicate that you can import ItsDeductible data from an account with a different UserID, that option is currently not working and may not be allowed this year. 

Going forward, should you decide to continue to use ItsDeductible, I would encourage you to only record your ItsDeductible donations in an account that has the same UserID as your tax account. 

Unfortunately, this is going to cause you extra manual entry work this year, putting your donations directly into the tax software, unless you want to wait a month or two to see if TTX developers or management decide to change it.....no promises that they will.

(Desktop software users do not have this limitation)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
Sharrie

I can access ItsDeductible from Turbo Tax AND I can select the contributions.  Its Deductible says they have been successfully imported but the dollar amount is not showing in TurboTax.

Do you have enough total deductions to Itemize?  Maybe it's giving you the Standard Deduction so it's not showing the deductions.

If it's giving you the Standard Deduction and  not showing you Schedule A you can check the actual amount of itemized deductions by using by going to

Tax Tools on left

Tools - Topic Search (top left box)

Type in  itemized deductions, choosing.  It should highlight that in the list, click on GO

Then Click on "Change my deduction". That will display the actual amount of itemized deductions vs. the standard deduction.    (Be sure to uncheck "Change my deduction" after checking it so you do not lock in the wrong deduction.

How to change between the Standard Deduction and Itemized Deductions

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/accessing/help/how-do-i-change-from-the-standard-deduction-to-item...

kajohans
Returning Member

I tried to transfer the It'sDeductible info I've entered.  Message says transfer completed successfully.  However, when I go back to the deductions section, nothing shows up from It'sDeductible.  Why?  TurboTax 2019 had an internal link that I clicked on.  I went there and itemized donations.  The total showed up as the value of the contributions.  This year I had to separately leave TurboTax and log into It'sDeductible.  The account name is the same.  Why is the It'sDeductible not showing up in the value of itemized contributions even thought I get the message that the values from It'sDeductible successfully transferred?

If possible you might want to try using TurboTax online instead of its deductible for now.

First, try clearing your cache.

Your browser stores recently visited webpages as temporary files in a cache, which enables the pages to load more quickly when revisited.

However, a full or corrupted cache can cause problems in TurboTax, so sometimes you need to clear your cache (that is, remove these temporary files).

Here are the official instructions for the most popular browsers:

Apple's official support site doesn't appear to contain instructions for clearing the cache in Safari. Your best bet is to search the Internet for clear Safari cache or similar search terms.

If your cache isn't the issue, it might be best to delete it and start again.

Next, sign back into TurboTax and try the following:

1. Go to the Deductions and Credits tab
  2. Select Review/Edit
  3. To the right of Standard Deduction, click Edit
  4. ​​Click OK, Sounds Good when you see it.
  5. Click Wrap Up Tax Breaks
  6. Click Continue

The Charitable Donations question should either not appear at all, or the amount should be zero.  

If this didn't work, and you still experience the same error, try deleting a charitable donation form floating in the background:

1. Go to Tax Tools on the left panel of the screen
  2. Click on Tools 
  3. Click on Delete a form
  4. If you see a form with a charitable donation on it, delete it and take steps 1-5 again. 

Next, enter the charitable contributions: 

To enter the information about the charity that you donated to, follow these steps:

1. Open (continue) your return in TurboTax.
  2. In the search box, search for donations and then select the "Jump to" link in the search results.
  3. Answer Yes to Did you make any donations to charity?
  4. Answer No to Do you have an account with ItsDeductible Online?
  5. On the next screen, answer Yes to enter your donations for 2020.
  6. Continue with the onscreen instructions.

Here is a TurboTax article about charitable donations.

To enter the information about the charity that you donated to, follow these steps:

1. Open (continue) your return in TurboTax.
  2. In the search box, search for donations and then select the "Jump to" link in the search results.
  3. Answer Yes to Did you make any donations to charity?
  4. Answer No to Do you have an account with ItsDeductible Online?
  5. On the next screen, answer Yes to enter your donations for 2020.
  6. Continue with the onscreen instructions.

@kajohans

jea75bro

My deductions from Its Deductible are not importing over so that I can get totals and go on to the next items

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

I am attaching a TurboTax Help article for your reference.  Click here:  Import Its Deductible

If you are filing with TurboTax online, please follow these steps:

• Check your internet connection.  Try to log out and sign back in the program. 
  • Clear your cache and sign back into the program.  To clear cache, click here: Cache
  • You may also try a different browser.  
  • Then try again.

If import does not work, enter information manually.  Click here:  charitable donations

@jea75bro

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies