mnmp5

My daughter tried out for a talent agency for acting, singing, dancing, and modeling. were do i deduct expenses for this

Vanessa

These expenses would be personal expenses not work or business related, therefore, they would not be deductible on your return.

If she was earning money as a model and had these expenses, she would need to file her own return (or you file a return for her) and then these expenses could possibly be deducted as work-related or business-related expenses

Vanessa

anagonzales03

My daughter has a similar situation, she is a child actress and we filed a return for her because she paid taxes. Where would we place her deductible expenses such as travel/lodging/classes/gas, etc.? I've read a statement stating she would have to place it on her tax return, but then we heard that we can place it on our return as well since we support her? If so, what section can we place it under?