Mortgage was transferred before my first payment w...

Mortgage was transferred before my first payment was due on a new home and I paint $4K in points.

My mortgage was transferred before my first payment was due on a new home and I paint $4K in points. The lender that bought the loan issued me a 1098 with all the interest but obviously not the points since they weren't involved in the original closing. Where do I enter the points I paid ($4K) exactly in TurboTax Deluxe?

You should be receiving a Form 1098 from the first mortgage lender. They have until January 31st to send you the document. If you do not receive the document you should call the first lender and request the document,

If they will not send you the document you can enter the amount.

1. Enter Mortgage Points in the Search Magnifying Glass in the upper right hand corner
  2. Select Jump to mortgage points
  3. Answer the questions on the screen and subsequent screens.

What does this mean?

"Select Jump to mortgage points"

Your 3 steps of instructions are NOT clear.  I can enter step 1 but what the heck does "jump to ..." mean?  there is so such option in TurboTax Deluxe.  I need clear directions.  Please be more explicit in what I'm doing...

The "jump to mortgage points" will take you into the deductions and credits section of the return where you add a 1098. You will select to add the 1098 and continue through those screens to add the points.

I hope this helps. You must enter exactly mortgage points.