Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

junefghi6
Returning Member

medical deductions step-by-step, laptop, click on "enter medical expenses", program goes to page with Personal Info, Federal Taxes...,

I can't enter medical expenses.  When I select the update medical expenses button, the program goes back to the most Basic screen--Personal Info, Federal Tax, State Tax...

I am trying to get the Schedule A info entered using Step-by-Step, in the Deductions/Expenses.  I already entered my medical deduction on the Social Security section, but I also have allowable long term care premiums, dental, vision, hearing aid expenses that I think will exceed 7% of my AGI.  How do I get to the screen that asks about these?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

medical deductions step-by-step, laptop, click on "enter medical expenses", program goes to page with Personal Info, Federal Taxes...,

When you click on Federal Tax, you should have headings for Wages & Income and Deductions & Credits. 

Medical Expenses are in the Deductions & Credits section.

You can also use the SEARCH option at the upper right to type in 'medical expenses' then 'Jump to medical expenses'.

@junefghi6 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
junefghi6
Returning Member

NOT helpful. but TT sent an update today that made the screen act as it should.

DawnC
Expert Alumni

If you search for Schedule A, you will get a jump to link that will take you directly to the medical expenses entry screens.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies