Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TWS2

Manually Entered 1099-INT forms not showing.

I have manually entered two 1099-INT Forms and when I click Finish they do now show up.  It only shows the 3 forms I imported, not the 2 that I manually entered.  Any ideas on how to correct or override this and enter the information when it doesn't take?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
MonikaK1
Expert Alumni

If you are using TurboTax Online, and don't see a form you just entered, check your Internet connection. If you continue to have trouble, try changing browsers (Chrome usually works well).

Try clearing your cache and cookies.  If after trying all of the options mentioned you still have the same problem:

See this help article and this one for instructions on how to contact TurboTax customer support depending on which product you are using.

See this help article for the steps to enter Form 1099-INT and more information.

Form 1099-INT reports interest from banks, brokerages, and other financial institutions. Here's how to enter a 1099-INT:

1. Sign in to your TurboTax account and open or continue your return.
  2. Select Federal from the menu, then Wages & Income.
  3. Locate the section titled Investments & Savings and select Show More, then select Start or Revisit next to Interest on 1099-INT.
  4. Select Yes on the screen Did you receive any investment income? then Continue.
    • If you see the screen Your investments & savings or Here's your 1099-INT info, select Add investments or Add another 1099-INT, then Continue.
  5. On the next screen, select how you want to enter your Form 1099-INT:
    • If you want to import your form, search for your brokerage or financial institution. Sign in to your online account and select Get my form.
    • If you want to upload a copy of your form or manually enter the info, select Enter a different way, and follow the instructions to enter your 1099-INT.
  6. On the screen Do any of these uncommon situations apply? check the boxes according to your situation and Continue.

See this tax tips article for more information from TurboTax regarding Form 1099-INT.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

And, if you are using the "Online" browser based software....when you go into the area that show your 1099-INT and 1099-DIV forms, you have to do some scrolling to see what forms are in there. They're all mixed up, but separated by institution name.

Desktop software shows them differently, there is a 1099-INT table once you get into the 1099-INT entry area.

Of course, this all assumes you entered them as the proper form type, and didn't enter them accidentally as a 1099-DIV.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
emtoler4

I'm having the same issue. I have entered the 2 INTs that rolled from prior year, but when i add a new 3rd, it's not showing off. Using desktop version. 

AmyC
Expert Alumni

Fact checking first: You selected the blue Add Interest Income in the program, then filled in the 1099-INT information. When you are done, it is not showing in your list, only the first two are.

When you switch to Forms mode, do you see the correct amount showing for taxable interest? If the form is correct, you are good to go. I have a difference in my screen shots because of interest entered in another section of the return. Perhaps your interest was also entered in a different section?

Since you are using the desktop program:

1. Go to Forms mode
  2. Locate Schedule B
  3. select a new line for interest income
  4. click on the magnifying glass
  5. a pop up appears
  • if your previous entry not showing in the program is there, select it
  • otherwise, enter a name for the new entry
  1. select add form
  2. fill in the new form on your screen

@emtoler4 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@emtoler4 

IF the above didn't help, and IF you are using the "Windows" software.....someone else had this problem, (Something strange going on for a couple folks)

Their FIX was to shut down TTX, then download and install the separate, "Manual Update".  That solved it for them, and they could then manually enter a new 1099-INT without a problem.

Manually Update TurboTax for Windows Software (intuit.com)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies