Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

too_much_tax_fun
Returning Member

Manual entry of K-1, Box 13, Code W amounts in appropriate forms

I have two K-1’s with that specify Line 13, Code W, additional deductions. I can enter them fine in forms or step-by-step, but I can’t get the amounts to accumulate on form 8582 as they should.  There is a * note on Code W in the Addl Info form that advises “*Manually enter item here and on appropriate tax form or schedule.”  Documentation also says the amounts will need to be entered manually—essentially that Turbotax doesn’t handle placement.  However, Form 8582 will not allow manual entries or overrides. The doc for that form says that due the complex nature of the calculations involved, I must go to the appropriate source entry form (aka the K-1).  I can’t figure out a place to make this magical “manaual entry” so that the amount shows in 8582. I’m stuck.  How can I make a deduction entry that will show up on Workdsheet 3 in Form 8582?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

most 13w deductions are not passive and thus would not flow to form 8582.  about the only one that is passive is any section 754 deduction. however, there is an "other category" which have to be entered on some other line or form. to know where  I would need a description of those items as provided on the k-1

too_much_tax_fun
Returning Member

Different K-1 descriptions include:

- IRC Section 743 Amortization

- Portfolio deductions

- S754 distribution adjustment

I don't have any more information that these notations.  Thanks for any help you can provide.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies