turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is the refund hold also for the Child tax credit

I don't think I qualify to EITC or Additional Child Tax Credit but I do qualify for the Child Tax Credit. Will this also hold my refund until after 2/15
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Just EIC and the additional child tax credit, which are available to lower income taxpayers.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Just EIC and the additional child tax credit, which are available to lower income taxpayers.

This is ridiculous!  The lower income people are the people who need it the most!  So, because there's a bunch of scumbags that have defrauded the government by using the EIC, we all have to suffer?  I'm so sick of this BS!

Well, over the past few years, the IRS has taken the position that it is better to pay money to people in need and pay billions more to crooks, than to take the time to verify people's tax returns.  Congress disagreed, and in 2015 Congress passed, and Pres. Obama signed, the PATH act, which extended or made permanent many deductions and credits, but also included the provision that the IRS must do more to prevent fraudulent EIC returns.

So will they start processing them on the 15th or start releasing them that day?

I agree it's not fair for this to be just lower tax filers and not for every one that's wrong in so many ways!!!

That's why I was saying what's for one should have been for all. They should have gone about this a different way by making the taxpayers verify information that only they would know, even if it was a series of questions. There is only so much a crook can get away with so they should have had a way for everyone to verify important information that the crook could never guess. If they had made a way to do that instead, many people would have had their income tax money by now and there would have never been a wait.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies