djprosch

Job materials expense

Turbo tax imported sub-contractor expense from QuickBooks and entered it in Cost of Goods Sold on TurboTax even though I clicked on the button for no inventory.  It should be a Sub-Contractor Expense.  How do I remove it from Cost of Goods Sold.

ThomasM125

Job materials expense

Subcontract labor would normally be considered a cost of goods sold even if you didn't maintain an inventory or sell products, as it is a direct expense as opposed to overhead. But you can re-classify it if you want.

If you are working in TurboTax Self-employed software, you can remove it by updating the Inventory/Cost of Good Sold section in the Business area of TurboTax and then entering it under Business Expenses in the same area. 

philpgrrtrude

Job materials expense

I thought the charge for my taxes was 79 dollar,  after filing the cost when up to 179,WHY?

[name removed]

[email address removed]

Cass0317

Job materials expense

You can login to your TurboTax account to review your fees and details of what you have been charged for by following the instructions below:

How do I review my fees in TurboTax Online?

@philpgrrtrude