Anonymous
Not applicable

It says to enter info from form 1116 Foreign tax credit...I have no idea why I don't have a form 1116 or have I ever had any foreign anything

Delete the Form 1116

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen

Click on Tools

Click on Delete a form

Hal_Al

If you have an amount in box 6 of a form 1099-INT and/or an amount in box 7 of a form 1099-DIV, you are entitled to a credit for foreign tax paid.  Form 1116 is not required , in this situation (your only foreign tax paid is shown on 1 1099-Div or 1099-INT).   If form 1116 is inadvertently generated, delete it, as described by DoninGA.