Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

daniel-ppcdan-ne
Returning Member

In the turbo tax business software I put $1,251 for charitable contributions. After submitting it does not show $1,251 but much less. Any ideas why?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

In the turbo tax business software I put $1,251 for charitable contributions. After submitting it does not show $1,251 but much less. Any ideas why?

You are asking from TT Self-Employed, not TT Business. please clarify which one you are using.

If Self-Employed, is this a Schedule A deduction?

daniel-ppcdan-ne
Returning Member

Thanks for your reply. I'm using TT Business. It showed like the past 5 years.

Okay. Do you have an S Corp, Partnership, or C Corp?

ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

Did you itemize or take your standard deduction? If you itemized, were they cash contributions or noncash. If noncash itemized, check your entries.

If you took the standard deduction, your donation is limited to $300 for single and $600 for MFJ.

daniel-ppcdan-ne
Returning Member

I have a C corp

daniel-ppcdan-ne
Returning Member

I don't know the difference. I don't have any accounting experience. These were cash contributions. 

Just a question.  You have a C Corp and using the Business Desktop program installed on a Windows computer?  It shows you are posting from the Online Self Employed version.  That can't do a business C Corp return.

Or are you doing your personal 1040 return?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies