Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Sue9
Level 1

In Job Related Expenses, I posted a number but then realized my job is no longer eligible. I try to delete it but it still shows up. I am going in circles There is a bug

I cannot understand why I cannot get the job related expense amount =0 or get deleted. I had an expense last year so maybe the line cannot be deleted but the numerical value should go away. It is just staying no mater how I go in circles with the question trying different things to make it go away. Please address this bug I am trying to file. I cannot speak to an actual person on the phone. that is nuts!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

In Job Related Expenses, I posted a number but then realized my job is no longer eligible. I try to delete it but it still shows up. I am going in circles There is a bug

Try deleting the Form 2106.  Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the screen.  Click on Tools.  Click on Delete a form

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Try deleting the Form 2106.  Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the screen.  Click on Tools.  Click on Delete a form

Sue9
Level 1

I cannot find a way to reply to the kind user the recommended I delete form 2106 (Employee Business Expenses) so that the numerical value will go a way from the Job expense section amount I added that is not actually eligible. I went to tax tools and I do not have a form 2106 or Employee Business Expenses Form so I wonder if that means that I am ok, even though the amount I originally entered is still showing up in the tax breaks summary. Turbo Tax, fix your bugs!

Employee business expenses are no longer deductible on a federal tax return due to the tax code changes for tax year 2018 thru 2025.  
So they will not be entered on your federal tax return.
Sue9
Level 1

Well actually though, the employee business expenses do seem to be eligible for a few professions though. And, that's the reason I am so worried. But it sounds like you know what you are talking about so I guess I should stop worrying. On the other hand, having a figure in that column on the 'breaks' summary is very concerning, thank you!

I'm having the same problem! Every time Turbo reviews my taxes, it tells me I need line 6 from form 2106. Did you ever find a solution?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies