Solved: Im self employed but provide my services to the same company each day. Can I deduct my mileage from my home to the company?

MickeyB

Im self employed but provide my services to the same company each day. Can I deduct my mileage from my home to the company?

That depends on where your "tax home" is. See IRS publication 463 chapter 4 for more information.   Generally, your tax home is where you do most of your work, or, if you work in several other locations, your tax home is where you do your administrative, bookkeeping, and other work, such as calling clients and arranging jobs.  For example, a building contractor who works at many different job sites, may have their "tax home" at their home office.  

In your situation, it sounds like your tax home is probably the company where you work,  since you only work for one company,  which makes your daily driving a nondeductible commute.   But if you want to verify that, the rules for how to decide where your tax home is, are in IRS publication 463.